Introductory Media Training
Our half day Introductory media training course is designed for people with little or no experience of dealing with journalists.
You will find out how journalists approach your organisation and sector. Learn what they are looking for from you. See and put into practice our top tips for handling calls from the media, so that you gain, and maintain, control. Take part in our unique Key Message Development Workshop. And finally practice all the skills you have learnt, in a Radio and TV interview.
What you will learn:
- Handle a call from a journalist confidently
- Develop and use effective Key Messages
- Understand the priorities and language of the journalist
- Avoid being misquoted or quoted out of context
- Deliver a short news interview on radio and TV