Social Media Training
Colin Kelly is a former journalist who’s become one of the UK’s most active and respected social media trainers over the last 4 years. He was among the first mainstream media personalities to use the Twitter social network back in 2008 during his time presenting programmes on Radio Clyde. That same year he was chosen as host of Glasgow’s first ‘Twitter Festival’.
After a spell presenting news and current affairs programmes at BBC Radio Scotland, Colin built his name as a media relations trainer and consultant, with particular expertise around social media and digital.
He is a regular trainer with Media Mentor for public sector organisations and small/medium businesses, helping them whatever stage they are at with social media. Colin’s courses are interactive, use modern teaching techniques and focus on achieving business results from social media platforms, rather than technology for the sake of it. With social media now entering the mainstream and many media relations ‘crises’ having social media at their root, Colin is able to incorporate ‘digital’ elements into your Media Mentor course, or can deliver standalone social media workshops including the following areas:
What you will learn:
- Introduction To Social Media (half day/full day)
- Social Media Strategy (half day/full day)
- Social Media And Journalism (full day)
- Search Engine Optimisation (full day)
- Linkedin Bootcamp (half day)
- Making The Most Of Hootsuite (half day)
- Facebook For Business (half day/full day)
- Social Media: Dangers And The Law (half day)
- ‘The Hot 100’ - 100 Digital Marketing Essentials (60 minute session)
- Writing For The Web: How To Write With Impact For Your Website And Social Media
- Platforms (half day/full day)